Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Threat of Serbian Suicide Attacks

This August 1992 cable from the American Embassy in Belgrade reveals that the Bosnian Serbs openly threatened to conduct terrorist attacks against Western targets which included, but was not limited to nuclear power plants, using “kamikaze pilots” and “volunteers from friendly nations.” Who these volunteers were, assuming they existed is left unstated in the cable. I would presume they were, again assuming they were make-believe, members of the Serbian diaspora or Serbian underground in Europe, America, Australia, and elsewhere.

See the bottom of the second page of the PDF.

SerbianSuicide Attacks Cable

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for uncovering this information. One small correction: the paragraph is located on "Page 03", not "Page 02". Since my blog has about 15,000-16,000 readers/visitors, I republished this information on my blog and I linked it to your page. It is interesting that up until TODAY, we knew nothing about Serbian terrorist plots.

    I remember on 9/11, there was also a Serbian guy who called and made a threat. I put up that information on Geocities immediately after 9/11, but Yahoo! took entire Geocities from the internet, so I can't find the source of that information now.

    Thank you one more time. Excellent research. Ten thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete